Garda DS Wheelset
30mm Profile Alloy Clincher Wheelset
Previously only available to select markets, the Garda is now available to the public. The Garda is a robust, smooth-rolling wheel that can provide the longevity of a training wheel with the heart of a racing wheel. A simple and classic setup of a low profile pinned rim laced to a cartridge bearing hub with a sexy new duplex spoke pattern lays the foundation of a great wheel that just keeps on going, mile after mile and year after year.
The Garda uses two types of bearings in the rear hub. Two cartridge bearings complement two high quality Cup and Cone bearings. Replaceable ball bearings offer incredible longevity and impressive smoothness, while the cartridge bearings offer easy replacement. Together, the four bearings provide a stable feel and improve power transfer, especially for sprinting and climbing.
The Garda DS is as strong as our ever popular Como model, the main difference is that the hub has better water proofing due to the use of sealed bearings and some riders prefer the ability to replace cartridge type bearings rather than to maintain a cup and cone configuration like the Como hubs feature.
- A high value-for-money wheel set
- Using Alloy 6061 T6 material
- 30 mm profile for for maximum aerodynamic performance
- Super quality bearings
- Fully hand built (like all Pro-Lite wheels)
- Available for 8/9/10sp Shimano & Sram
- 20 Spoke Front, 24 Spoke Rear
- PRO-LITE 3.2 mm stainless aero spoke.
- Weight: Front - 912 g / Rear - 1212 g / Shimano.